Guests can look forward to the exclusive "Hochgenuss on the Kitzsteinhorn" at 3,029 metres above sea level, with gourmet cuisine in front of a stunning high-mountain backdrop, on Saturday, 18 March 2023.
The evening begins with a spectacular evening cable car ride from Kaprun uphill to the "Gipfel Restaurant", Salzburg's highest-situated restaurant, and an aperitif on 3,029m. Then, not one but two top-class chefs – Johann Schmuck (8 Gault&Millau toques) & Franz Meilinger (3 Gault&Millau toques) – treat guests to culinary delights with a six-course gourmet dinner. Select wines round off the culinary high-alpine journey.
Johann Schmuck is Austria's most successful Toque-awarded chef, boasting a total of 8 Gault&Millau Toques. The young West Styrian native runs the restaurants "Mühle" and "Terra" in Stainz as well as the restaurant "Broadmoar" in Oisnitz.
Franz Meilinger has been awarded 3 Toques for his outstanding quality and cuisine at "Weyerhof" in Bramberg.
- Date: Saturday, 18 March 2023 | 5-10 pm
- Location: Kitzsteinhorn, Gipfel Restaurant (3,029 m)
- Participant limit: maximum 70 people
- Ticket price: SOLD OUT
- 5 pm | Uphill ride from Gletscherjet 1 lower terminus
- 5.45 pm | Arrival at 3,029 m, reception with aperitif
- 6.30 pm | Six-course tasting menu by two award-winning chefs: Johann Schmuck & Franz Meilinger at the Gipfel Restaurant at 3,029 m including wine accompaniment & drinks
- 10 pm | Downhill ride back to the Gletscherjet 1 lower terminus